As the new year is approaching I have been thinking deeply. Reflecting on this past years goals and what will be the new years goals. One that I had for 2016 was to get in shape. I am not where I want to be. I will say that this year I did more than the prior year towards that goal through out the year, so with that said I will keep moving forward at what ever pace I can but at least it is going forward! I was asked recently to discover CycleBar in Raleigh. I thought the timing could not of been more perfect. I was wanting to try something new towards my health and wellness goal. And you know I love adventure.
Let's face it if you are not as active as you should be, going to a gym can be a little intimidating. This year I had been exercising at home. So most of my anxiety left when I walked into the door and saw the fun party like atmosphere. Instead of a feeling of I know I should do this yet feel dread I felt pumped! Really!
The staff was top noch amazing, helpful, bright and cheery. Which helped to take away the first anxiety I had about my new adventure. Now don't get me wrong I was excited too, just you know what I mean!
Now the first stop is the sign in wall. You sign in on the tablets. Next you pick out your shoe size. On the bottom of these shoes are clamps that lock into the bikes pedal to keep your feet on track and secure. You do not have to use these but I enjoyed using them to be more secure.
Next stop was the refreshment bar. They make sure before you go into the bike room you are hooked up with plenty of H2O. I was asked by this gentleman if I like my water room temperature or chilled. The Cyclebar water bottle are yours to keep or you can give it back.
The bike room is awesome. It is so many things to so many people. It can be a battleground to beat the spirit of laziness. It can be a sanctuary to retreat from stress. The staff helps you get the bike adjusted to your level of comfort before the session begins.
Your individual bike is equipped with everything you will need. From monitor, towel, water, weight bar it is all here. I was on the front row. See the large fan in the front of the class? It was funny, the instructor after pumping us a bit to get us going said you had to work for the fan! Great way to look at it and boy I wanted the fan. The music was motivating to get you going no matter what mood you may be in as you enter the room. The instructors say they are part educator, DJ, drill sargent, and motivator. Was it true? Yes! They are every bit of all that. I know without the instructors motivation I couldn't of done it on my own.
After your ride they have the refreshment bar with complementary drinks and fruit to recharge you. I forgot the mention they have lockers for your things, a shower, towels & shower gel all FREE for you to use and be heading on to your day. It is fantastic they thought of everything to make your ride as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
This is the Cyclebar community wall, which I think is a great idea. It is the gathering of all to know.
Now one thing I did not mention yet, the instructors claim, is to come along side you and be a friend not just staff. This was my instructor Whitey. Her attitude is so contagious! She shared her story of why she is into the "ride". Her story mirrored mine in some ways. She found out she had heart problems and decided to take matters into her own hands to not allow the heart problem so to speak be a problem! Way to go Whitney and it is the exact motivation I need because I too have some minor heart issues. I want to be victorious over my health as Whitney has done. She also wanted to wake up everyday and be happy at what she does and she has accomplished that hands down. She loves sharing empowerment with others to lift you up and tell you, you can do this! I am excited to hear more of the stories of others encouragement and be a part of becoming a more empowered, healthier me on this journey.
They spoil you at Cyclebar. All the business swag you see is free as well. They really hook you up.
Any gear you may need on your fitness journey they offer for sale as well. In a non to shoppy way, the items are displayed gingerly around the lobby for your browsing enjoyment.
As I begin this journey at Cyclebar I look forward to it. I look forward to meeting new people. I look forward to a fitter me. I look forward to being more empowered over my health as 2017 approaches. What better way to start off a new year and end the old. This year has been a stressful year for me and it is time I set aside time for me and to have some self care. I think Cyclebar is the place to really do that.
I was provided a complementary membership to Cyclebar in exchange for my honest thoughts and opinions.
· CycleBar, the preeminent indoor cycling experience, is open now in Brier Creek in North Raleigh and is coming to Cary January 2017.
· CycleBar is a low-impact and high-intensity exercise method, offering an intoxicating sense of community in state-of-the-art studios with concierge-level service, premium amenities and pay-per-class options.
· The dynamic cycling classes offer a multi-sensory workout in a rock concert-like atmosphere, where experienced instructors take participants through a 50-minute high-energy ride.
· The studio features tiers for the bikes plus LED lighting, wide-screen graphics and state-of-the-art audio with a DJ booth.
· CycleBar classes are invigorating and fun, with themed rides for charity fundraising, Throwback Thursdays, artist-specific playlists and more.
· After a class, riders cool down with complimentary fresh fruit and enhanced water, while aromatherapy helps guests relax throughout the facility.
· Riders can also easily track performance data via CycleStats and download music used in the class session.
· To learn more about CycleBar in Brier Creek, visit briercreek.cyclebar.com, and for more information on the Cary studio opening in January, visit alston.cyclebar.com.